Becoming a Certified Practitioner
The process of becoming a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner (CBP) is not difficult, but there are a few steps to the process. There is not a defined time frame in which this process must be completed, but many individuals take between 6 months and 2 years to become a CBP. It's up to you, your schedule, and how much you are able to focus on studying and practice. So, in order to become a CBP, you must complete the following:
- Complete BodyTalk Fundamentals with any Certified BodyTalk Instructor (CBI).
- Become and maintain IBA Standard Membership.
- Either attend BodyTalk Fundamentals for a second time, at a reduced cost, OR take the BodyTalk Fundamentals Integration class with any CBI. (Depending on your membership level, you may be eligible for up to 75% discount on retaking an IBA seminar. Members only have to pay 25% of the cost of the course to monitor.
- Complete and document at least fifty BodyTalk sessions, with a minimum of fifteen different people, without the use of protocol charts or manuals.
- Documentation of sessions should demonstrate wide use of the BodyTalk techniques and will be reviewed by an examining CBI prior to exam.
- Receive a minimum of five BodyTalk sessions from a CBP and provide documented evidence of such.
- Study for the Fundamentals exam (Practice Exam and tips are located in the Members Area of the IBA website).
- Set up a time to take the Fundamentals Exam with any CBI (Certified BodyTalk Instructor).
- Take and pass with a 90% or better both the written and oral practical examination with an examining CBI. The exam cost is $250 USD, payable to CBI prior to start of exam and a $50 processing fee payable to the IBA upon submitting certification.
For complete details, please refer to the Fundamentals Exam Guidelines.
Once you successfully pass the Fundamentals exam, you are eligible and strongly encouraged to upgrade your Standard Membership to a Practicing membership to then be listed amongst the other BodyTalk professionals so that you can start receiving referrals directly from the IBA website.
- Complete 32 hours of IBA-Approved Continuing Education in the BodyTalk System™ within the two-year time period from the date you passed your Fundamentals Exam.
- Remain a member of the IBA.
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics of the IBA.