(Mod 5) BodyTalk: Lymphatic Drainage & Applied A&P
Lymphatic Drainage and Applied Anatomy and Physiology
This course expands upon the knowledge of the human body through the application of Western anatomy and physiology as it pertains to the BodyTalk system coupled with an introduction to the qualities and characteristics attributed to the organs, endocrines and systems by Eastern medical theory and practice. This hands-on course includes the study of the Veltheim Method of Lymphatic Drainage (VMLD), an innovative and highly effective approach to encouraging healthy functioning of the lymphatic system.
The Lymphatic Drainage and Applied Anatomy and Physiology course holds the key to unlocking the door to the incredible world of the human body from macrocosm to microcosm. This course is an introduction to a whole new way of learning about the amazing human body while developing the subtle senses and the right brain. BodyTalk formulas will take on a whole new energy as items, links, parcels, packages and satellites are viewed as three dimensional, living, breathing structures and relationships.
In this class, the five senses will be developed to a whole new level of acuity while learning the significance of details, the power of the word, the influence of visualization on the subconscious and the healing influence of touch. The experiential exercises that are explored will help to develop not only physical sense of touch, but the subtle sense of touch, sight and sound.
Armed with these new tools, the lymphatic system will be explored with the Veltheim Method of Lymphatic Drainage. This safe, effective, and remarkably easy technique is one that supports the lymphatic system from a very unique perspective. The lymphatic system is an integral part of the immune system but influences everything from organ function, hormonal levels, energy flow and energy levels, heart and circulatory health, and emotional balance. This technique provides a powerful way of supporting lymphatic health within the context of a BodyTalk session or as a stand- alone technique. VMLD also serves as a medium for practitioners to approach any "manual manipulation" technique from an energy perspective developing the ability to work off the body or at a distance.
The course is divided into exercises that cover the following topics:
• Details: Building upon the foundations established in BodyTalk Fundamentals, this course opens up the world of Details: More Specific and Definition by supplying an invaluable resource allowing the practitioner to balance the body right down to the quantum level.
• The human body: superficial to deep: This class provides a method of inquiry that allows the practitioner to explore the anatomy of the body from macrocosm to microcosm. Explorations encourage the student to develop a level of comfort with anatomy and physiology by providing an invaluable reference manual and by taking the study of the body off of the page and into 3D.
• Palpation using physical and subtle senses: This class helps to develop the senses to tune into what is under the hands. Students are taught to palpate muscles and tissues of the body in a way that builds upon the MUSK protocol and rehabilitation techniques taught in BodyTalk BioDynamics while developing the subtle sense of touch. This is a skill that can be developed to allow the practitioner to work on the body, off the body, or at a distance.
• The Lympathic System: This course expands upon the knowledge of the lymphatic system from both a Western and Eastern perspective. An understanding of this integral component of immune health and wellness allows the practitioner to educate the client upon the importance and significance of a healthy lymphatic system and how dis-ease in this system can manifest into numerous physical, mental, and emotional symptoms.
• The Veltheim Method of Lymphatic Drainage: The whole last day of the training is devoted to the Veltheim Method of Lymphatic Drainage (VMLD). It is a novel but highly effective approach to lymphatic drainage that produces powerful physical and emotional shifts. It is based on a unique ‘kinesthetic visualization’ technique that defies the traditional Western understanding of how the lymphatic system works. The course includes the presentation of theory and application, demonstrations, and practice of the techniques under the instructor’s supervision.
Upon completion of this course the student will:
• Be able to navigate anatomical details and physiology/consciousness definitions in a BodyTalk session with more confidence.
• Know how to navigate through the body from system to tissue to cell all the way through chemical and quantum components with ease
• Understand how to explore the structures of the body as well as items, links and formulas in 3D by employing the five senses and developing an understanding of the relationship dynamics within the human body
• Have expanded his/her left brain knowledge which will encourage a wider scope of right brain exploration
• Understand the function, influence and significance of the lymphatic system
• Understand how to work with the physical body with confidence whether on the body, off the body, or at a distance
• Add the Veltheim Method of Lymphatic Drainage to the list of “Other Modalities”
• Increase their marketability by adding VMLD as a stand-alone technique for which clients may make appointments
Textbook: Lymphatic Drainage and Applied Anatomy and Physiology, by Sylvia Muiznieks
Additional Reading: N/A
Course Name: (Mod 5) BodyTalk: Lymphatic Drainage & Applied A&P
Prerequisites: BodyTalk Fundamentals and Standard IBA Membership.
This course counts for 16 hours of continuing education for Certified BodyTalk