Tips on how to choose your business name
Printed from http://www.bodytalksystem.com//learn/news/article.cfm?id=915 on Dec 09, 2018.
Oct 09, 2014
By Lasha Watson
When starting your BodyTalk practice, there are many things that can feel overwhelming and intimidating to move through. Choosing a business name is one thing that's very important and needs to be done as one of the first steps of creating your business. I have listed many tips that you may find helpful to explore and define your business, and a name to suit it.
Establishing a business name is a way to define yourself and the meaning within your business. When picking a business name, allow some of your personal character and values to be expressed within your name. Let this be a fun exercise, and invite your family, friends, and clients to be part of the process. This allows them to feel included and part of the business. When we allow them to be included, it also gives them a sense of pride and they feel as though they are a part of the business. When they feel this sense of pride, it will reflect in how they support and promote you.
Tips on Choosing a Business Name:
- Define the meaning behind your business (having a mission or vision statement may help). What do you do, with whom, and why do you do it?
- Make a list of the words that describe your personal and professional values.
- Explore other Practitioners' Business names; Make a list of the words you like,
- Invite Friends, Family, and Clients to provide you feedback with words they would use to describe you and what you do.
- From there, pick the 5 words that resonate the most with you.
- Use the words that have meaning and can express both you, and what you do, within your business.
- You will then need to do a name search within your Province, State, etc., to be able to register your name.
- Once chosen, distribute your business name to as many people as you can and with as many different forms of media as possible. For example: Facebook, Instagram, email, business cards, phone numbers, just to list a few.
- Take PRIDE in your name; Own it!
If you already have your business name, support us by posting your business name on the General Forum on the IBA website under the thread titled: BUSINESS NAMES. This will help and support step 3 for everyone who is starting off.
I look forward to hearing all your business names on the Forum!