Journey to Abundance

Dec 05, 2014

By Sarah Vermette

 



"The first wealth is health." Ralph Waldo Emerson

The concept of manifesting what we desire by holding the intention is not new. This concept was made widely popular by the book The Secret.  And, while some people have learned how to utilize this tool, it's not as easy as some of the teachings make it out to be. Perhaps a more realistic course of action is to look at our current situation and ask a very important question: "Why?" 

There is an old adage that says we can't know where we're going unless we know where we've been. Allison Bachmeier, an advanced BodyTalk practitioner and instructor, agrees. Her course, Money, Wealth and Valuing Yourself, allows people to explore how their concept of self-worth ties into their current state of wealth. That is, wealth on all levels; financial, physical and emotional. 

"Our state of financial health is a very clear mirror to how we relate to ourselves," says Bachmeier. If we are in financial debt, we can see our situation as a clear metaphor for lack in deeper, more personal aspects of ourselves. "So often people approach life from a place of lack because that's where we think we get our motivation from. And, yet, nothing could be further from the truth," Bachmeier adds. 

In this vein, those struggling with finances might benefit more from exploring the concept of self worth, rather than looking directly at finances, as this could be where the answers to the apparent lack lie. Bachmeier explains the conscious mind represents only 10 percent of our psyche. The other 90 percent is subconscious. We really need to explore our entire psyche to break through our self-limitations, as many of our beliefs are so deeply ingrained that we don't give them a second thought.

"When finances are lacking, the deeper question is what is limiting you," says Bachmeier who recommends spending time revisiting your past. For starters, explore how your parents dealt with money and spoke about money. Those who grew up watching their parents work hard for little, will undoubtedly have had their beliefs and current attitudes towards money shaped by this experience. 

It's important to not just look at our parents, but also to consider societal conditioning that affected our belief systems. "We often hear in society money is the root of all evil. That translates to the feeling there's something dirty about having money," says Bachmeier. If we take on this, or similar, beliefs our ability to receive money is greatly limited. Essentially, the way we think affects our state of abundance.  

"Our belief systems, our thought patterns, our attitude and our personality affect all aspects of our life, and we see it very clearly in our state of financial health," says Bachmeier. Her online 40-day course offers daily exercises in self-explorations, allowing participants to see where their limitations are coming from and how to address them in order to move into a better state of awareness and overall abundance. 

Those interested in finding out about this course can contact Bachmeier through her website: www.vibranttransformation.com.



    Sarah Vermette
    BFA, MPW, CBP
 

Print this Article | Facebook | Twitter

« Back to all news

 
Home Learn More Practitioners Courses Membership Testimonials
Who We Are BodyTalk Find a Practitioner Find a Course Join Today Videos
Get the Newsletter Access Become a Practitioner Founder's Courses Membership at a Glance Foundation
Contact Us Breakthrough Practitioner Levels Beginner's Courses Membership Levels Store
FAQ Mindscape BodyTalk as a Career View All Instructors Membership Prices Media Kit
Privacy Policy News Invest in Yourself Course Listing




Copyright © 2005 - 2018 International BodyTalk Association (IBA) | Legal