BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans
Currently, the general approach to modern health care for animals and humans is undergoing a radical change. There is a paradigm shift afoot in our understanding of dis-ease and how and why it manifests in the human and animals’ living system. The body has an innate ability to heal itself; however, this ability is hindered by many factors, such as, physical, emotional, mental, biochemical, and environmental stressors. The BodyTalk SystemTM operates out of this new scientific understanding; blending quantum physics with ancient philosophical knowledge to assist the body in remembering how to heal itself.
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals as well as BodyTalk Fundamentals for humans, for use in clinical settings with animals as the client, with your own animals, as well as sessions with humans.
This course begins with a power-point presentation and discussion of the theoretical aspects that support the concepts covered in the BodyTalk Fundamentals manual and the BodyTalk for Animals supplemental manual. You will be encouraged to share your own personal experience with animals as a layperson and/or professional. Class exercises throughout will create a deeper understanding of the interconnectedness that the animals represent on the earth at this time. We will dedicate a large portion of the class to gaining confidence with your hands-on practical application of BodyTalk with the animal kingdom via a surrogate. You will perform practical sessions with human surrogates representing the live animals, followed by instructor-supervised class de-briefs of your sessions. For your practical sessions there will be live dogs, horses, cats, and at times, also farm animals, zoo animals or sanctuary animals, depending on location and availability of animal clients. Techniques and theories covered in BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans can be applied to any animal, (or human) however discussion within the theoretical aspect of the animal portion of the course will focus mainly on dogs, cats and horses..
This course will also include:
- Basic classifications and characteristics of dogs, cats and horses including breed characteristics, behavior, basic animal and group consciousness.
- How to work with animals and humans while creating a safe environment for sessions.
- Safe handling of animals, and unique responses of animals to BodyTalk.
- Various forms of surrogate muscle checking, as BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans is normally practiced in your clinical or home setting via a human surrogate.
- Flexibility in your approach to muscle checking within a session, how to ascertain surrogates, as well as matrix/energetic connections within the family,farm, zoo, sanctuary, community etc.
- Practice of short distance/proximal sessions, as well as use of surrogates, priorities, and permissions, in relation to animal/human sessions.
- New insights into the relationships between people and animals, while learning how to work with the entire family, farm, zoo, sanctuary, community matrix, etc.
- How to deal with emotional trauma and environmental conditions that affect animals, via BodyTalk for Animals and Human sessions.
- How the animal’s emotional trauma and environmental conditions affect you as a practitioner, as well as exploring how to deal with this to be able to be an effective non-agenda based practitioner.
- Exploring the animal-human connection as it pertains to BodyTalk concepts of healing and change for humans and animal alike.
- Discussions of the legal ramifications and liabilities of becoming a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner for Animals (CBPA).
The BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans course provides:
A comprehensive introduction to the BodyTalk SystemTM and presents many powerful consciousness-based healing techniques that address a wide variety of symptoms on all levels of the animal and human body and mind. This six-day course presents discussions on both scientific and philosophical aspects of health, as well as a hands-on practical application of the BodyTalk Fundamentals techniques. BodyTalk Fundamentals introduces the key elements of dis-ease manifestation that are often not included in other health care practices. The innovative yet simple techniques taught in this Fundamentals course are designed to effectively reveal the “root causes” of a wide variety of health conditions. Along with the BodyTalk Fundamentals textbook and BodyTalk for Animals supplemental manual, the course is comprised of classroom work that blends lectures, demonstrations, and hands on practical experience with live animals present on all six days of the course. Students will first learn the consciousness-based scientific principles, along with the theory behind The BodyTalk SystemTM, including: Animal and human innate wisdom and how to connect and utilize it during the sessions, how to engage your intuition in a structured way, the importance of communication in the body, using muscle checking and a structured protocol to discern areas of the animal and/or humans’ body and mind that are a priority to balance, and much more. This will then lead into learning all of the basic BodyTalk Fundamentals techniques and how to apply them in a BodyTalk for Animals session.
History of BodyTalk for Animals and the Founder, Dr. John Veltheim
The following will be examined from the perspective of the animal:
- Basic principles in working with animals.
- Animal Innate Wisdom.
- Basic consciousness of dogs, cats, horses.
- Safe handling practices.
- Animal balancing principles.
- Common health issues for animals.
- The scientific basis of BodyTalk.
- Consciousness based health care.
- Consciousness localized as Innate Wisdom.
- Observing sessions while in The Zone.
- Principles of muscular biofeedback/muscle check and utilizing a surrogate.
- Priority and the sequence of healing.
- The tapping procedure.
- Breathing principles.
- BodyTalk procedures and protocol charts, and how to use them as a framework for formulas in a session.
- Developing the concept of session readiness.
- Development of practitioner technical understanding & skills.
- Essential General Balancing — EGB — Balancing the body basics, spheno-basilar junction, switching, cortices of the brain, hydration, scars, interferences. — Organs, Endocrines, Body Parts — Balancing techniques for the organs, endocrines, body parts, brain, general body, and systems of the body. — Energies — Balancing the various energy systems within the body including the traditional acupuncture meridians, pancreas reflex point, the seven main chakras and 49 sub-chakras.
- Environment — Restoring energy imbalances between the animal and human client, and certain aspects of the environment.
- Body Chemistry — Harmonizing the body in relation to: Microbes (viruses, bacteria, parasites, fungus), Toxins, Allergies and Intolerances.
- Active Memory — Clearing past and present emotional blockages, including belief systems, active memories from life events, phobias and fears.
- Cellular Repair — Balancing cellular damage from vaccinations, trauma, acquired and hereditary influences.
- Lymph — Addressing blockages with the lymphatic system by stimulating the lymphatic system in 6 major areas (neck, clavicle, axilla, spleen, abdomen, groin).
- Circulation/Nerve Supply — Supporting improvement of the circulation of nerves and blood to, from or within specific areas of the body, as well as lymph circulation from or within specific areas of the body.
- Musculoskeletal — Reciprocals — Balancing blockages in the extrinsic reciprocals, balancing the 36 surface energy points that often impact an animal or person's energy level, mood, overall structural integrity, muscle tension, and digestive system. Surface energy imbalances can also cause pain in specific parts of the body.
- Discussion and practical exploration of matrix connections within the family, farm, zoo, sanctuary, community etc. (it is highly recommended to take Matrix Dynamics - Module 9).
- Practical application of BodyTalk for Animals with live animals present, via a surrogate.
- Fast Aid — BodyTalk emergency procedure.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will:
- Learn the 5 different levels of the bodymind and Top/Down Causation.
- Understand how BodyTalk is a consciousness-based health care system.
- Begin to learn how consciousness operates in the bodymind.
- Learn what is meant by the Innate of the practitioner, and Innate Wisdom the client and its aspects and function.
- Begin to learn what occurs when the synchronicity of the bodymind is disrupted.
- Understand the importance of left and right brain integration and Being in The Zone.
- Understand the muscle checking technique and surrogate muscle checking as used during a BodyTalk session.
- Understand the importance of the principles of BodyTalk which include:
- The body has an innate ability to heal itself.
- Using our own innate wisdom and the art of muscle checking along with a structured protocol and procedure to discern the areas of priority and the sequence of balancing.
- Discuss how the “interference” of the following can limit results of BodyTalk:
- Attention Vs. Intention
- Priority Vs. Problem
- Agenda Vs. Non-agenda
- Attachment Vs. Non-attachment
- Caring Vs. Not caring
- Understand the five functions of breathing and principles of tapping.
- Understand the concept of receiving permissions before and during a BodyTalk session and how to ‘clear’ permissions for the practitioner, animal, human client and/or surrogate.
- Through lecture, demonstration, and practice the participant will learn to use the BodyTalk Fundamentals balancing techniques and will experience the techniques during the 6-day course as the recipient for yourself and your animal companion.
- Understand the concept of checking for follow-up BodyTalk session and/or Other Modalities for the animal and/or human client.
- Have greater confidence and understanding of your BodyTalk Fundamentals sessions with animals and humans.
- Remain more calm and centered in the presence of animal clients.
- Create a safe space for the animal clients.
- Perform short distance sessions for any species of animal, via the use of various forms of surrogate muscle checking
- Effectively de-brief the BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals session to the human client.
- Apply BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans in regard to the animal and human client.
- Explain to your clients the interconnectedness of the animal within the family, farm, zoo, sanctuary, community matrix, etc.
- Understand the legal ramifications, liabilities, and BodyTalk ethics of BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans
- Apply all of the BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans principles learned, at home as a lay-person, or in professional settings, such as zoos, sanctuaries, farms, stables, kennels, veterinary clinics, etc.
This six day BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans course is suitable for animal health care professionals as BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans integrates seamlessly with veterinary medicine, as well as animal trainers, groomers, kennel, barn, farm, ranch, zoo, sanctuary staff and more. This largely experiential class is also great for animal guardians/companions who may want to learn BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans to work with their own animals at home.
Textbooks: BodyTalk Fundamentals manual, BodyTalk for Animals supplemental manual
Additional Reading: N/A
Course Code: N/A
Format: Minimum 6 days
*This course is sometimes separated into two sections with a time period in between
Part 1 – Minimum 3 days
Part 2 – Minimum 3 days
Location: Classroom, as well as animal friendly locations: dog kennel, zoo, sanctuary, animal shelter, horse barn, farm, etc.
CEU (hrs): 48
PaRama College Credit: TBA
External CEU Approval: TBA
Technology Required: N/A
Qualification: BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans is suitable for animal health-care professionals, as well as lay people who may want to learn the BodyTalk System for Animals and Humans and use the System on a non-professional level.
BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans is suitable as CEU credits towards certification as a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner for Animals (CBPA).
BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans is also suitable as CEU credits towards certification as a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner (CBP) for humans
This BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans course counts for 48 hours of continuing education for Certified BodyTalk Practitioner for Animals' (CBPA) requirements, as well as Certified BodyTalk Practitioner (CBP).
* BodyTalk Access for Animals 2 day course is also highly recommended.
This course counts for 48 hours of continuing education for Certified BodyTalk Practitioners' requirements.