BodyTalk for Animals Online (Mod 8A)
BodyTalk for Animals Online
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to BodyTalk for Animals for use in clinical settings. Students learn methods and unique considerations for applying BodyTalk to animals, for both paying clients and their own animals, utilizing the techniques and concepts taught in BodyTalk: Fundamentals (Mod 1 and Mod 2) and BodyTalk: Principles of Consciousness (Mod 3). The course is also designed for BodyTalk Practitioners looking to expand their understanding of principles of consciousness, group consciousness, and balancing group dynamics.
The course consists of theoretical aspects and hands-on practical application of the BodyTalk: Fundamentals and Principles of Consciousness techniques and an exploration of Animal Consciousness and its connection with Human Consciousness. Course content focuses on dogs and cats, although students can apply all techniques and theories to any animal they have ample experience handling. This seminar is a must for those interested in utilizing BodyTalk with animals at a professional level or simply with their own pets at home. For students who are not specifically interested in incorporating animals into their practice, the course contributes significantly to enhanced understanding and skill in working with consciousness, family and group dynamics, and the ability to sense and communicate subtle shifts in human clients.
- Basic principles of working with animals
- Working with the animal matrix and balancing group dynamics
- Addressing the unique expression of animal innate wisdom
- Natural consciousness of all animals
- Natural consciousness of individual species and breeds
- Group consciousness as experienced by animals
- Balancing relationships
- Connecting with and learning from animals through consciousness
- Boundaries of the practitioner
- Selecting and working with surrogates
- Safe handling practices
- Developing animal observation skills
- Unique animal responses BodyTalk sessions
- Conducting “short distance” and remote sessions
- Practical application of BodyTalk: Fundamentals with animals
- Practical application of BodyTalk: Principles of Consciousness with animals
- Professional approach to working with animals and owners
- Conducting intakes and follow-ups in a professional animal practice
- Liability considerations and best practices when working professionally with animals
- Building and promoting a professional BodyTalk practice with animals
- Animal demo session(s)
- One day of practical time with animal clients and ample time for Q&A.
- Final debriefing and feedback period
Upon completing this course, the participant will:
- Develop a deeper understanding of how BodyTalk Fundamentals and Principles of Consciousness are used when working with animals.
- Develop confidence and skills in using the BodyTalk System professionally with animal clients.
- Develop a deeper and more complex understanding of animals’ experiences and consciousness and how that impacts their health and healing process.
- Understand the significance and steps for creating a safe space for animals, owners, and practitioners when conducting BodyTalk sessions with animals.
- Develop observational skills of animals’ subtle cues and signs of shifts and processing.
- Better understand how to balance, respect, and communicate with the entire matrix or group dynamic of the animal client; and how to balance relationships and group dynamics.
- Perform short distance and remote sessions for any species of animal via the use of a surrogate.
- Develop necessary professional skills to promote an animal BodyTalk practice, conduct intakes, explain sessions, and follow up with human clients.
- Develop skills in working with challenging human and animal clients.
- Apply all of the BodyTalk for Animals principles learned at home as a layperson or in a professional setting, such as a BodyTalk clinic, zoo, sanctuary, farm, stable, kennel, veterinary clinic, and so forth.
Assessment: This course is suitable for the following candidates: (a) animal professionals looking to integrate BodyTalk into their work, (b) BodyTalk Practitioners looking to incorporate animals into their professional clinics, (c) those with animals looking to develop their skills in working with their pets at home, and (d) BodyTalk Practitioners looking to enhance their understanding of group consciousness and how to balance group dynamics.
Textbook: BodyTalk for Animals Manual
Supplemental Reading List:
On Talking Terms with Dogs: Calming Signals by Turid Rugaas
From the Cat’s Point of View by Gwen Bohnenkamp
Natural Healing for Dogs and Cats A-Z by Cheryl Schwartz
Natural Healing for Dogs and Cats by Diane Stein
Communicating With Animals: The Spiritual Connection Between People and Animals by Arthur Myers
The Healing Power of Pets by Marty Becker
Behaving As If the God in All Life Mattered by Machaelle Small Wright
Animal Speak: The Spiritual & Magical Powers of Creatures Great & Small by Ted Andrews
Prerequisites to attend: BodyTalk: Fundamentals, BodyTalk: Principles of Consciousness (Mod 3), and IBA membership.
This course counts for 16 hours of continuing education for Certified BodyTalk Practitioners' requirements.