Becoming a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner for Animals (CBP-A)
The process of becoming a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner for Animals (CBP-A) is not difficult, but there are several steps. Once you have completed all the steps, you are eligible to take the CBP-A exam consisting of two parts: a written test covering materials presented in Principles of Consciousness (Mod 3) and BodyTalk for Animals (Mod 8a), as well as a practical examination, wherein you demonstrate your proficiency in applying the BodyTalk System protocol and procedures to animals. In order to become a CBP-A, you must complete the following:
- Be a CBP in good standing with the IBA, adhering to IBA Policies and upholding the IBA Code of Ethics.
- Have and maintain, at least, an IBA Practitioner Membership and understand the requirements for ongoing certification (keeping IBA membership active and meeting CEU hour requirements).
- Course Prerequisites:
- BodyTalk: Principles of Consciousness (Mod 3)
- BodyTalk for Animals (Mod 8a) OR BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans (now discontinued).
- Highly recommended: One Life Science course (MindScape 1 or BreakThrough 1).
- Have monitored (re-taken) either BodyTalk for Animals (Mod 8a) OR BodyTalk Fundamentals for Animals and Humans (now discontinued) - full attendance of the monitored course is necessary.
- Complete and document at least fifty (50) BodyTalk sessions on animals, and on a minimum of ten (10) different animals, without use of a manual, charts or notes.
- Contact an Animal Instructor to request that they administer your exam, this can be done at a distance, through a proctor, with the practical portion done through video, if necessary.
- Take and pass the exam with a 90% or better on each portion of the exam: written and practical. The CBP-A examination fee is USD 250, payable to the examining instructor prior to taking the exam. An additional USD 50 processing fee is paid to the IBA upon passing and prior to receiving their certification. Proctor fees are the responsibility of the student.
For complete details on the process to become a Certified BodyTalk Practitioner for Animals (CBP-a),
please refer to the CBP-A Requirements.
- Complete 32 hours of IBA-Approved Continuing Education in the BodyTalk System™ within the two-year time period from the date you passed your Fundamentals Exam.
- Remain a member of the IBA.
- Adhere to the IBA Code of Ethics.